Name: Anneliese EdwardsSubject: Beginner ArtRoom: 911Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please look at the supplies page, as we are moving to color very soon.If you have not purchased a portfolio for your child, please checkout the supplies page.
Welcome to Beginner Art!
Art Supplies Needed:1st Semester (have second week of class)
- Beginner's Art, formally know as Art I, is an introductory course designed to introduce visual art, as well as strengthen, and cultivate any existing experience obtained in previous art classes.
- During this course students will learn and utilize the Elements of Art and Principles of Design, color theory, vocabulary, art history, and safety in the art classroom.
- Beginners Art instruction emphasizes a strong foundation in design, drawing, composition, vocabulary, problem solving, and decision-making.
- Sketchbook (size 9 x 12 recommended)
- Portfolio case to protect artwork (size 18 x 24 or close to)
- Set of pencils including HB, 2B, 4B, and 6B
- Kneaded eraser (any size)
* I will update students and the website if any supplies will be needed in addition to the list above or sooner than suggested.Classroom Expectations:
- Watercolor and acrylic paint sets
- Student palette (optional)
- Come to each class prepared to work on art projects. As this class is similar to a lab class, each student should utilize class time to develop their artwork.
- Do no work on projects, homework, text, or talk during project instruction time. Instruction is given to the entire class at the beginning of a new assignment. During studio days, I will circulate the classroom to give individual feedback and provide help to each student.
- Take care of our classroom supplies.