Name: Eileen CoatesSubject: 1st Semester - English II and English IV2nd Semester - English II and English II HonorsContact: firstname.lastname@example.orgI have been teaching for 19 years, both in England and in North Carolina. I taught at Northwest Middle School, Mount Tabor High School before coming to Reagan High School. I graduated from the University of Leeds in the UK and did my post graduate degree at the University of Hull, also in the UK. I am a National Board Certified Teacher.I live in Pfafftown with my husband David, who teaches at Wake Forest. We have a son, Jonathan who is currently a senior at Wake Forest.I look forward to this year and to being a Raider!Expectations for Mrs. Coates’ English Classes
- You should be sitting in your assigned seat, working on your warm-up by the ringing of the tardy bell. The bell doesn’t dismiss you, I do. We have much to do this year and I will use the entire period to teach. If you are packing up, standing up or walking to the door, you will miss something important.
- You have 5 minutes between classes. This is ample time to use the bathroom if needed. Class time is too important to miss.
- Be prepared. You need your own supplies in class every day.
- Respect others. At no time is it acceptable to tease others or ridicule others. We will have frequent class discussions, and it is imperative that the classroom atmosphere is one that is conductive to the free expression of opinions. This is a BIG issue and I will fiercely protect those being bullied. I cannot stand to see anyone ridiculed, slighted or insulted.
Grading Weights: Major assignments: Tests, Projects, Long Papers 50%Minor assignments: Quizzes, short essays 30%Daily Grades: Homework/classwork/participation 20%
- Let’s make this a wonderful year, one to remember. It is your responsibility to contribute to the success of your class, and every person’s contribution is important.