Walkertown High School Career Development Center
The Career Development Coordinator (CDC) supports teachers and programs within the WS/FCS Career and Technical Education (CTE) Department.
They coordinate career development services for students participating in school-based Career and Technical Education courses. These include but are not limited to Career Fairs, Internships, Pre-Apprenticeships, Guest Speakers for classes and field trips dealing with CTE pathways. They facilitate partnerships with parents, business/industry professionals, postsecondary institutions, and community organizations to support students' transition to postsecondary education and/or employment.
Career Development Coordinators work collaboratively with administrators, student services personnel, and teachers to ensure the delivery of these career development services.Information and Guidance in planning and preparing for:
- 2 or 4 year college careers
- Military Service
- Post High School Job/Career services
- Summer Jobs/Employment assistance
- Job Mentoring/Mentorships
- Building Business Partnerships
- Personal and Professional career skills
Walkertown High School's Career Development Center believes in the national standards established by the American School Counselor Association model, designed to provide all students with the following career development opportunities:
- Students will acquire the skills to investigate the world of work in relation to knowledge of self and to make informed career decisions.
- Students will employ strategies to achieve future career goals with success and satisfaction.
- Students will understand the relationship between personal qualities, education, training and the world of work.