SIT meeting dates, times and locations
The SIT meetings are held the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of each month at 3:45pm in the CLMS media center.
Our current School Improvement Plan is located in the Indistar/NCStar system. This is a web based tool that guides our school improvement team in charting improvement and managing the continuous improvement process. To access the plan, please use the information below:You will need to enter a username and password to gain access.Guest Login – guests7213Guest Password- guests7213
You can find a quick snapshot of our school goals by clicking on the “Mission/Goals/Selected Indicators” tabMake sure that you click on Student Success Indicators to receive the most up to date information.The Priority Schools Indicators is data from before the current Restart model.
Current SIT Members
Allice Day Clark
The Mission Statement for Cook Literacy Model School:
Our mission is to actualize the belief, "You CAN...because we WILL." Each child will build their self-efficacy through providing high-quality, authentic engagement and creating a multi-sensory, systematic, and cummulative approach to learning.
Cook Literacy Model School established the following goals in alignment with the school's mission statement.
· By June 2017, Increase the parent response rate to the district parent survey from 30 parents to 50 parents and of those responding increase the number who state attending parent meetings 20% to 35%.
· By June 2017, increase the reading proficiency in grades 3-5 from 8% to 24% as measured by EOG and meet or exceed growth expectations as measured by EVASS. 7 students per grade which is 21 students.
· By June 2017, increase the math proficiency in grades 3-5 from 14% to 30% as measured by EOG and meet or exceed growth expectations as measured by EVASS. 6 students per grade which is 18 students.
· By June 2017, increase the science proficiency in grades 3-5 from 15% to 57% as measured by EOG and meet or exceed growth expectations as measured by EVASS. 13 students in grade 5.
· Reduce suspensions from 2014-2015 from 76 students to no more than 60 students by June 2018.
To achieve these goals, Cook Literacy Model School has chosen to focus on implementing these Selected Indicators:
Student Success Indicators
A1.07 ALL teachers employ effective classroom management and reinforce classroom rules and procedures by positively teaching them. (5088)
A2.04 Instructional Teams develop standards-aligned units of instruction for each subject and grade level. (5094)
A4.01 The school implements a tiered instructional system that allows teachers to deliver evidence-based instruction aligned with the individual needs of students across all tiers. (5117)
A4.06 ALL teachers are attentive to students' emotional states, guide students in managing their emotions, and arrange for supports and interventions when necessary. (5124)
A4.16 The school develops and implements consistent, intentional, and on-going plans to support student transitions for grade-to-grade and level-to-level. (5134)
B1.01 The LEA has an LEA Support & Improvement Team. (5135)
B1.03 A Leadership Team consisting of the principal, teachers who lead the Instructional Teams, and other professional staff meets regularly (at least twice a month) to review implementation of effective practices. (5137)
B2.03 The school has established a team structure among teachers with specific duties and time for instructional planning. (5143)
B3.03 The principal monitors curriculum and classroom instruction regularly and provides timely, clear, constructive feedback to teachers. (5149)
C2.01 The LEA/School regularly looks at school performance data and aggregated classroom observation data and uses that data to make decisions about school improvement and professional development needs. (5159)
C3.04 The LEA/School has established a system of procedures and protocols for recruiting, evaluating, rewarding, and replacing staff. (5168)
E1.06 The school regularly communicates with parents/guardians about its expectations of them and the importance of the curriculum of the home (what parents can do at home to support their children's learning). (5182)
You will find the most recent detailed version of our plan by clicking on the “PDF” tab.