Reynolds Auditorium is available to RENT for community events, as well as non-profit and commercial performances. Please read the Facilities Manual for additional rental information.
Rates, by the hour or full day, are competitive and reasonable. Click the link an e-mail to Blaine Potts (the Facility Manager) to request more information about rental rates.
This grand facility has hosted many events in its history, from Harry Houdini to the American Ballet Theatre. Recent performances have showcased Paul Anka, Allison Krauss, Doc Watson, Sweet Honey in the Rock, American Repertory Ballet and Carlota Santana...as well as numerous Winston-Salem Symphony concerts. Box office facilities may be provided by The Stevens Center as appropriate. Reynolds Auditorium is both aesthetically and acoustically pleasing. The Auditorium opened in 1924 in memorial to Richard J. Reynolds by his wife Katharine Smith Reynolds. It was restored in 2002 through the efforts of the Winston-Salem/Forsyth County school system and the tireless fund-raising efforts of the Friends of Reynolds Auditorium.
Built on a rise overlooking the city, the Auditorium has a striking main entrance, with six massive columns crowned by Corinthian capitals on the portico. The lobby is enhanced by reproductions of three classical Greek marble sculptures, and the floor is finished in a tile pattern of marble and green slate. All seats have been refurbished to provide generous legroom.
Richard J. Reynolds Memorial Auditorium in Winston-Salem, NC is a 1,900-seat theatre with a mezzanine and balcony.
The performance area has a 39-foot proscenium arch, and is about 66 ft wide and 35 ft deep, not including the 5-foot curved apron.
The Auditorium features:
- Fixed-depth orchestra pit that accommodates about 35 musicians.
- A full-sized Orchestra Acoustical Shell is available for use.
- Computerized lighting system to control stage lighting equipment which includes 36 LED fixtures.
- Digital sound console with a sound system comprised of a center cluster, proscenium speakers and additonal delay speakers for reinforcement of live sound and playback of recorded material.
- Computerized lighting system to control stage lighting equipment.
- Auxiliary power connections for touring equipment.
- Center cluster sound system for reinforcement of live sound and playback of recorded material.
- Listening-assistive system.
- A full fly system with stage drapery masking and prewired battens for stage lighting.
- Backstage facilities, including three “star” and four chorus dressing rooms, as well as a Green Room.
- Free, on-site parking