We are so excited to welcome your family to
Smith Farm Elementary!
Children who will be 5 years old on or before August 31st, 2023 may enroll in kindergarten for the 2023-2024 school year.
Did you know that Smith Farm has a program for Spanish language immersion? Students enrolling in kindergarten have the option of traditional English instruction, or they may enroll in a program that helps them become fluent speakers and readers in both Spanish and English! Students in the Spanish Immersion program are taught by native Spanish speakers, with the goal of becoming fluent in Spanish by the time they complete 5th grade. Click the links, join our Zoom meeting, or contact the school to learn more.
NOTE: If you cannot join us in person, you can use the link below to sign up for Kindergarten. You can upload the required documents while enrolling your student in Kindergarten. The list of required documents is below the Zoom link.
Documents Required for Kindergarten Registration:
- Parent/Guardian Photo Identification (Driver’s License or Picture ID)
- PLEASE NOTE: If your student is not living with both parents, proof of custody (Court-Ordered Documents) is needed.
- Proof of address where your student lives (Copy of lease, deed, rental contract, or utility bill such as power, gas, water, or cable bill). Checks, cellphone bills, and driver’s licenses are not acceptable as proof of address.
- Please note: A notarized letter is required if your student and parent/guardian reside with another party.
- Certified birth certificate for your student
- Immunization record
- Current health assessment
Forms to be filled out:
- WSFCS Enrollment Form
- WSFCS Health Assessment Form (to be completed by a healthcare provider)
- WSFCS Health History Form
- WSFCS Transportation Form
- WSFCS Permission to Secure Medical Care Form
- WSFCS Home Language Form
- WSFCS Student Network/Internet Use Agreement & Parent Permission Form
Please contact the school at 336-703-4188 for more information.
Students without current, complete health assessments and immunization forms by the 30th day of school will not be allowed to attend school until the forms are turned in.