- Ms. Gwen Ashburn
- Ms. Sara Finley
- Ms. Erin Harman
- Ms. Tiffany Keller
- Ms. Lisa Musten
- Ms. Jessica Murphy
- Ms. Deseree Smallwood
What will I learn?
Reading & Language Arts
We will work on recognizing our 125 high
frequency words, long vowels and vowel
teams, as well as digraphs and blends.
We will apply our knowledge of these
sounds and spelling patterns to grow
six levels in reading and to write five
complete sentences on a given topic.
We will retell and sequence what we
read, and exhibit reading comprehension
both orally and in writing.
We will strengthen number sense 1-120,
and we will add and subtract fluently
within 10. We will identify basic geometric
shapes and practice partitioning.
We will learn to tell time.
We will explore force and motion,
investigate soil and rocks and distinguish
between living and nonliving things.
We will learn about communities including
cultures and traditions and what it
means to be a good citizen. We will also
study geography including maps/globes.
School Supply List
- 1- 1 inch binder
- 4 primary composition books (not college or wide ruled)
- 2 plastic pronged 2 pocket folders
- 2 packs of 24 crayons (no markers or colored pencils)
- multi-pack of glue sticks
- 1 pencil pouch or box
- 2 packs of Ticonderoga pencils
- 2 big pink erasers
- kid friendly scissors
- baggies (boys-gallon, girls-quart)
- hand soap (no sanitizer)
Class T-shirt, Scholastic News, Quarterly Donation
- Practice counting objects accurately &recognizing and writing numbers 1-30.
- Work on addition/subtraction (1-5).
- Model addition & subtraction with objects and/or pictures.
- Provide hands-on experiences with money.
- Play dice/board games together!
- Looking for something new to read? Try authors Eric Carle, Mo Willems or Kevin Henkes.
Find a good series like Frog and Toad, Little Bear or Henry and Mudge. Read Traditional Fairy Tales or Mother Goose Rhymes. Just read!
Please consider donating the following items:
- Expo Markers
- Clorox Wipes
- Baby Wipes
- Post-it Notes
- Index Cards
- Glue Sticks
- Construction Paper
- Composition Notebooks (Wide-Ruled)