Welcome to Guidance!
What does a School Counselor do?
As a School Counselor, I do many things to help support Forest Park students. I provide:
- Classroom Guidance Lessons which include teaching character traits such as Caring, Repect, Bully Prevention and Leadership, Team building, and stress/anxiety reduction activities.
- Small Groups which can include anger management, grief counseling, self esteem, friendship skills, or anxiety reducing techniques.
- Individual meetings with students which can include discussing a variety of issues that can keep a student from learning to their full potential.
- Academically Gifted Coordinator helping identify those students who are academically gifted through testing.
- Intervention Support Team Chairperson helping teachers and parents with students who are struggling academically or with behavior at school.
Do YOU need to talk to the School Counselor?
- Do you feel good about yourself?
- Do you feel overwhelmed about a problem you are having?
- Do you need help making friends?
- Do you have trouble expressing your feelings?
How to contact Ms.Taylor
- Fill out a slip of paper and put it under her office door or in the black box by her door.
- Email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Message her through Powerschool
- Ask your teacher to send me a note about you.