Hello Ibraham Family!
I am very excited about the year ahead! My goal is to help students at Ibraham Elementary maximize their full potential beyond the elementary years. I am Ms. McCloud and continuing my journey as a licensed school counselor, supporting students with issues that may be affecting their academic, personal and social/emotional progress. I received my B.A. in Psychology from Winston-Salem State University and my M.S. in School Counseling from N.C. Agricultural and Technical State University. I ‘am now going on my eighth year as a school counselor at the primary level, where I help :
- Students promote positive attitudes towards self, family, peers and community
- Develop and deliver classroom guidance lessons that teach skills such as assertiveness, boundary setting skills, decision making, resolving conflict, and respecting self and others
- Students recognize their best abilities
- Provide support during personal crisis
- Coordinate referrals to outside agencies
Throughout the year I work with students in many ways, some of which include classroom guidance, small group counseling, and short-term individual counseling.
I invite you to contact me at any time with questions or concerns regarding your child. I am always available via e-mail, phone or in person during school hours.
Phone: (336) 703-6771