Who is your School Counselor and what does she do??
My name is Jennifer Krebeck!
I love Smith Farm--GO OWLS!!!
I am married and have 2 children, Riley and Wyatt.
I graduated from Appalachian State University with an undergraduate degree majoring in psychology. In May 2003, I earned my Master's degree in Community Counseling and worked as a therapist for children, couples, and families before coming to Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Schools.
What does a School Counselor do?
As a School Counselor, I do many things to help support Smith Farm Students. I provide:
- Classroom Guidance Lessons which include teaching character traits such as Caring, Respect, Responsibility, Trustworthiness, and Perseverance. Lessons also include Career interests, Bully Prevention and Leadership, Team building, and stress/anxiety reduction.
- Small Groups which can include anger management, grief counseling, self esteem, friendship skills, or anxiety reducing techniques.
- Individual meetings with students which can include discussing a variety of issues that can keep a student from learning to their full potential.
- Academically Gifted Coordinator helping identify those students who are academically gifted through testing.
- Intervention Support Team Chairperson helping teachers and parents with students who are struggling academically or with behavior at school.
Do you need to talk to the School Counselor?
- Do you feel good about yourself?
- Do you feel overwhelmed about a problem you are having?
- Do you need help making friends?
- Do you have trouble expressing your feelings?
How to contact Ms. Krebeck:
- Fill out a slip of paper and put it in her mailbox in her room
- Email her at email@example.com
- Message me through powerschool
- Ask your teacher to send me a note about you.