Click to watch our open house information video!
Meet and Greets by Grade Level
Welcome to the Clemmons Elementary 2020 Virtual Open House. Your teachers will be hosting live meet and greet sessions and are excited to talk to students and parents. Please take a moment to read through our notes below. When the open house window begins, click the teacher links to access their sessions. We're excited to meet you!
Orientation Date and Time
Wednesday, August 12th. ALL sessions will begin by 5:00 P.M. and be open until 7:00 P.M.
Questions and Answers:
1. Where can I find the teacher links? We have teachers split up by grade levels. Find your grade to the right (K-2, 3-5, Special Sessions) and click the links to visit that webpage. All your teachers will have a picture button linked to their session and will be sorted by grade level.
2. Do I have to have an MS Teams account to participate? No. When you click your teacher's link a window should open and give you some options. You may "Open Microsoft Teams" if you have the software, or, click "Continue on this Browser" for the meeting to open in the window.
3. I clicked the link and Teams opened. Now what? You should be prompted to type in your name. Please put STUDENT NAME in the box before you click "Join Now." This way your teacher can identify the student from their class roster. Example: "John Smith" instead of "Mr. Smith" or "Smith Family."
4. What can I expect from these sessions? Open house is supposed to be fun and a little bit of an informative family reunion. Feel free to socialize and enjoy your time. Ask questions or listen and collect information. Your teachers may provide additional information or specific times when they may be discussing certain topics.
5. Will there be curriculum sessions included? Not formally. We're sure evenyone is a little apprehensive about learning remotely for nine weeks; however, we have full confidence that our staff will have you and your child prepared to be as successful and comfortable as possible. Feel free to ask questions at open house as you normally would; however, we are hosting a curriculum night on August 27th. It is at this session we are asking teachers to provide more detailed information regarding the curriculum for each classroom / grade level.
6. Can I visit multiple teachers? Absolutely! In fact, we encourage you to use the two hours to its full potential. Visit your specials teachers to see what's going on in their classes. Browse through every page listing and see if there is anybody else you want to talk to.
7. Who can I email with questions? Email Mr. Caviness at firstname.lastname@example.org with troubleshooting issues.