The Freshman Academy was designed to help our Freshman be as successful as possible.
Our basic purpose, premises, and outcomes of an effective Freshman Academy are the following:
- To create an academic environment for 9th grade students that help ensure their success and the successful transition from middle school to high school.
- A separate building from the main building with core classes, with the exception of science, exclusively for Freshman. This building is equipped with the Freshman Academy Administrative team.
- Freshman Academy teachers meet weekly with the administrative and student services team to discuss concerns with individual students to ensure every effort is made to ensure our Freshman students' success.
- The Freshman Academy administration and teachers work together to develop individualized strategies to help students become successful in high school.
- The Freshman Academy teachers, staff, and students work to develop relationships that promote academic performance.
We are so excited to have the Parkland High School Freshman Academy. Studies show that 9th grade year is the most important year of high school. This year is the foundation for high school students which most often determines a student's success for the rest of their high school career.
The Goals of Freshman Academy Are:
1. To provide a smooth transition from middle school to high school.
2. To reduce 9th grade retention.
3. To increase the graduation rate.