PARKING PERMIT INFORMATION
In order to purchase a parking permit, a student must provide:
- A valid NC driver's license.
- The current vehicle registration.
- This form signed by a parent/guardian and the student.
- $40.00 parking pennit fee
- $10.00 registration fee
- $10.00 parking pennit fee for Career Center parking. To be paid to the Career Center.
- Provide current schedule if available.
ATTENDANCE AND PARKING PRIVILEGES
The Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Schools Board of Education has adopted the following protocol for parking privileges. Students will need to adhere to the following guidelines below for the upcoming school year in order to retain the parking privilege at Walkertown High School for the 2021-2022 school year. Please direct any questions to WHS Administration.
- If a student in grades 10, 11 or 12 accumulates five absences, either excused or unexcused, the student shall be notified that his/her parking privileges may be revoked if the student accumulates ten (10) absences in a school year.
- If a student in grades 10, 11 or 12 accumulates ten (10) absences in a school year, excused or unexcused, the student's palking privileges shall be revoked for the remainder of the school year unless:
- the student agrees to pmticipate in an "Attendance Improvement Plan" approved by the Principal or adesignee; or o the Principal finds that there was an extraordinmy cause or excuse for the student's excessive absences, such as a long tenn illness, injmy or disability.
- If a student's parking privileges are revoked at a school, the revocation also applies to the Career Center and vice velsa.
- If a student whose parking privileges have been revoked for the remainder of the school year transfers to another school in the system, the revocation or "Attendance Improvement Plan" shall remain in effect at the new school that they are attending.
ADDITIONAL PARKING REMINDERS
Walkertown High School does not give students permission to leave campus during lunch or any other time.
- First Offense: waming - parent contact
- Second Offense: driving privilege revoked for five days
- Third Offense: driving privilege revoked for ten days
- Foulth Offense: driving privilege revoked for thilty days
- Fifth Offense: driving privilege revoked for school year
Parent Signature: Date:__________________________________________