Social Emotional Learning (SEL)
Our team supports our district in implementing systematic Social Emotional Learning (SEL) and Restorative Practices in alignment with our district's mission to equip our students "...with the interpersonal, academic, and workforce skills to compete globally and contribute to society."
Our Vision: In collaboration with families and community partners, Winston-Salem Forsyth County Schools creates a restorative and equitable learning environment that maximizes personal growth for both students and adults. Through intentional supportive relationships, our culture and climate promotes the social emotional well-being of all learners as the building blocks to their academic and personal success.
What We Do: Our team supports schools in organizing, implementing and improving social emotional learning. We do this by:
- Assisting schools in planning explicit SEL instruction for students.
- Providing support for integrating SEL with academics.
- Increasing youth voice and engagement.
- Helping schools design and implement supportive school and classroom climates.
- Providing SEL professional development for adults.
- Helping schools with supportive discipline practices and policies.
- Integrating SEL into the continuum of MTSS support.
- Helping schools connect with families to create authentic partnerships.
- Aligning community partnerships around common language and strategies.
- Utilizing systems to support continuous improvement of SEL.
Did You Know?