Nathan NewsomeISS/ALC TeacherWelcome to Mr. Newsome's Home PageWelcome to my home page! I teach Intermediate Art (2) and Proficient/Advanced Art 3/4 in room 905. I am also the Girl's Cross Country, Indoor and Outdoor Track and Field Coach.About me.This is my 21st year teaching. I have four children (3 girls and 1 boy). My wife Amy also teaches at West in the Family and Consumer Science department so say "Hi" when you see her. I graduated from West Forsyth in 1989. I attended East Carolina University for undergrad and Gardner-Webb for my master's. I am very proud of West Forsyth and all the people and students associated with it. I truly love working here and look forward to each day.
Intermediate Art (Art 2) Proficient/Advanced Art (Art 3/4)We will explore and create Artwork of various types and use a variety of media as the year progresses. More emphasis is placed on quality of work in regards to grades.
1. An approx. 12x9 spiral bound sketchbook
2. 3 Extra fine tip black Sharpie pens (permanent ink)+ 1 thicker tip(for large areas)
3. Hand help pencil sharpener
4. Eraser (pink pearl or white vinyl/magic rub etc..)
5. Regular # 2 pencils (NO MECHANICAL)
6. Any other drawing pencils your choice (darker is good 3b-8b)
7. A set of nylon assorted small to very small paint brushes
8. A set of watercolors(cakes not tubes ex. 8 oval)
9. Canvas(pre-stretched) Size TBA( I will inform students when they are needed)
11. Colored pencils (at least an 8 color set)
12. Markers (assorted colors fine and extra fine tip)13. A set of Paint Brushes(smaller sizes with a variety of tips)
As any other items are needed I will inform students well ahead of time.