4700 Old Hollow Road Kernersville, NC 27284
Cash Elementary School, located in Kernersville, North Carolina opened in 1977 and currently serves pre-K through 5th grade students. Named for Thomas H. Cash, the school is a community-focused public school dedicated to academic excellence and the Social and Emotional needs of our students. Presently, Cash Elementary School serves about 600 students.
Our Vision (est. 2022):
To welcome all to an engaging, safe and nurturing, innovative learning experience where everyone is valued
Our Mission (est. 2015):
To achieve our vision of producing 21st century learners, we will prepare our students to be critical thinkers, problem solvers, and valued members of the community. The faculty and staff of Cash Elementary School will utilize differentiated instruction, collaboration, and technology while fostering multiple intelligences in a safe and disciplined environment.
Our Core Values (est. 2015):
Every Student Everyday! We meet these core values each day with the following attributes: Equity, Student-Centered, Accountability, Collaboration, High Expectations, and Integrity.
Office Hours 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Instructional Hours 8:10 a.m. - 2:40 p.m. Certified Staff Hours 7:40 a.m. - 3:25 p.m. Classified Staff Hours 7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
BELL SCHEDULE for Students
7:50 a.m. Welcome Bell
8:10 a.m. Tardy Bell
2:40 p.m. Dismissal Bell
Our school theme is Multiple Intelligences with a focus on Social and Emotional Learning.
Students at Cash Elementary enjoy:
- Grades K-5 enjoy STEM & Robotics ~ Bee Bots/Mouse Bots & Lego SPIKE Kits and Wunderkind Robos in our MI/SEL classes.
- Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) lessons are delivered by their teachers through our Second Steps program and differentiated Morning Meetings.
- Multiple Intelligences are explored in classrooms daily and integrated with Core Content.
- Special classes include Visual Arts, Music, Physical Education, Media with a Maker Space, Multiple Intelligences with SEL, and Guidance.
- Grades 4 & 5 enjoy Walking Classrooms.
- Students also enjoy classes in Instructional Technology that explore Digital Citizenship, Graphic Design with Canva, Seesaw activities and Canvas activities for a hybrid approach to learning.
The Theory of Multiple Intelligences that was developed in 1983 by Dr. Howard Gardner, professor of education at Harvard University, is a unique academic learning approach that develops each student's strengths and creates a deeper level of understanding in learning. It suggests that the traditional notion of intelligence is not based on how smart you are, but rather what kind of smart you are? Based upon this theory, Cash Elementary celebrates the many different styles in which students learn. At Cash Elementary, teaching and learning goes beyond the traditional approaches. For example, some students learn and excel best through movement.
We strive to focus on all of the ways our students can be successful. At Cash Elementary, we offer multiple opportunities throughout our building in which students can explore their smarts throughout the day while instilling values for students to learn and self-regulate their emotions.
Cash Elementary is still held accountable for all state and district expectations in regards to academics, assessments, and grading. We simply provide our students with opportunities to learn and explore through many unique learning styles. We are very excited about our school theme and we are looking forward to seeing our students explore many different learning styles.