Welcome to a new and exiting school year 2014-2015 !!
I am Julissa Knight. I am originally from Venezuela, but I moved to the U.S.A. 8 years ago. I am a very proud American citizen and grateful to this great nation that offered me and my family a new home. I come from teaching 6 years in Elementary School and now I am very exited to be part of the John F. Kennedy H.S. Family. This is going to be a year full of new experiences and new adventures as we keep on exploring the wonderful world of LEARNING!
The ESL students in all levels ( I, II, II) will be expected to:
* Be on time.
* Respect each other.
* Be ready to learn.
* Work hard.
I will do my best to facilitate the learning experience to all ESL students. I will strive to provide them with the best tools they will need to be successful learners. The ESL content will support the English Language Arts Common Core Standards. We will be working on developing strong reading strategies, Fluency and expanding our Vocabulary.
Let's have an awesome school year.
God Bless!!Mrs. Knight visited Ron Clark Academy last fall.
WELCOME TO MRS. KNIGHT'S ESL CLASSIt's been a busy year and we are getting ready for a well deserved summer vacation!! Our students have worked very hard, but there is still a lot to do!
Here are some tips for the summer..... we have to keep up the good work and come back in the fall ready to ROAR!!!!!
* Read through the summer at leat 4 times a week for 25 minutes!!
* Write a few sentences about what you read (1-2 grades).
* Write a few paragraphs (2 0r 3) to summarize what you read (3-5 grades).
* Talk to your parents about the books you are reading.
* Study your math facts (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division).And have FUN!!!!Julissa M. KnightESL TeacherJohn F. Kennedy336firstname.lastname@example.orgPossible topicsClassroom ExpectationsRules/RegulationsWelcome letterGrading PolicyAttendance