History of Moore
Moore School was established in 1951. The school is located off Stratford Road near Thruway Shopping Center on Knollwood Street.
The school board designated Moore as a countywide magnet school in 1971 and the school became known as Moore Alternative School.
As part the county's limited school choice plan implemented in 1999, Moore maintained its countywide magnet status while acquiring a residential component. Its name was changed to Moore Magnet Elementary School.
Moore Received the "School of Distinction" award for the 20010/2011 and the 2009\2010 School year! We also made ABC growth!
Moore School has received exemplary status for school years 1996/97, 1997/98, 1998/99, and 1999/2000 on the North Carolina End of Grade tests. Moore received a "School of Distinction" award for the 1997/98, 1998/99, 1999/2000 and 2000/01 school year. Moore received a "School of Excellence" award for the 2001-2002 2002-2003 and 2004-2004 school years. To receive the "School of Excellence" award a school must have a least 90 percent of their students at or above grade level and make expected or high growth on state tests. "School of Excellence" is North Carolina's top recognition for student performance in the ABCs of Public Education testing program.