Students may enter the building at 7:25 AM and go directly to the auditorium where staff will provide supervision. At the 7:40 AM bell, students either go directly to their classrooms or to the cafeteria for breakfast.
School board policy mandates the ten (10) unexcused tardies or early dismissals will be converted to one (1) unexcused absence.
- Students who arrive at school after 7:55 AM are considered tardy. After 7:55 AM,
- it is expected that the adult who brings the student to school will escort the student into
- the building and "sign in" the student so the school personnel will know the student is not absent.
- There are two reasons for the "sign in" procedure. First, attendance is documented promptly at 7:55 AM.
- If the student is marked absent and there is no documented record that the student is tardy, the student will be credited with an unexcused absence.
- Second, escorting the student into the building assures the safety of the student and lets school personnel know that the student is on campus.
The safety of our students and staff is a top priority at Old Town Elementary. In an effort to keep our campus safe and secure, the following will be implemented immediately.
ALL visitors to the school will be required to sign in at the front office.
Pre-K parents: You must show your ID badge to office personnel and it must be visible the entire time you are in the building.
Pre-K parents: If you forget your ID badge, you will need to sign in at the front office. This applies to morning drop off and afternoon pick up.
All visitors: After signing in at the front office, you must display your visitor pass on your shirt where it is visible to all school personnel.
If we cannot see your visitor pass, you will be asked to return to the front office to sign in. We thank you in advance for your support in helping to keep our campus safe and secure.
Directions to Old Town
Location:Old Town Elementary SchoolWinston Salem Forsyth County Schools3930 Reynolda RoadWinston Salem NC 27106Directions: Take Reynolda Rd. north past Old Town Shopping center to Shattalon Drive. The school is on the left. Office is in front lobby.
Or from US 52 north, take University Parkway south exit; go about 1/2 mile, turn right onto Shattalon; go 5 miles west on Shattalon through intersection of Shattalon and Reynolda. School is on left.
Old Town History
Old Town Global Academy began as a one-room school house in the Bethania community. Today it is a beautiful renovated and reconstructed version of the 1926 Old Town School. Completed in 1998, the building was constructed with funds generated from the very successful school bond campaign of 1995.
Old Town is equipped with an integrated communication system, is networked for computer use and will facilitate student learning well into the next century. The building was Rededicated Thursday, December 3, 1998.
Last Modified on March 1, 2020