Is your child starting Kindergarten in the Fall or coming to the Southwest Elementary for the first time? If so, please follow the steps below to register your child.
1) Come to Southwest Elementary (1631 Southwest School Rd, Clemmons) to pick up the forms to fill out and return. Also, please click on the "New Student Pre-registration" link on the left and fill out the basic info for your child.
2) Click here to download and print out the forms to fill out and bring to Southwest. Also, please click on the "New Student Pre-registration" link on the left and fill out the basic info for your child.
3) If you want to choose a different school, fill out the "Choice" card at Southwest (if this is your residential school) starting January 27th and return by February 7th for current students in grades K-5. Rising Kindergarteners have a new timeline this year so click here to learn about K enrollment. Click here to learn more about our county's "Choice" period for all grade levels and your options for selecting your elementary school in your zone. WE MUST HAVE ALL PAPERWORK (including those items below) BEFORE YOUR CHOICE CARD CAN BE ENTERED.
You will also need to bring the following with you:
1) Your child's birth certificate or a court order that shows you have legal custody of the child. Your child must be 5 years old before or on August 31st of the year in which you wish to enroll him/her.
2) Your child's up-to-date immunization records. For more information about the NC required immunizations for school entry, please visit the NC Immunization website, https://www.immunize.nc.gov/family/nc_immnz_requirements.htm.
3) Proof of address. This can be a utility bill with your name and address clearly matching or a lease and/or property closing documents
At Southwest, we choose to collect the paperwork at any time. If you live in the residential area for Southwest, you may drop off the paperwork any day. The office is open from 7:30am to 4:00pm each day. If you would like to make a different school choice, you will need to come to Southwest between 1/27/20 to 2/7/20 to fill out and turn in your CHOICE card for current students in grades 1-5.Rising KindergartenersFor the school year 2020-2021 our county has changed the rising Kindergarten CHOICE period to 3/30/20 to 4/9/20. Please go to your residential school during that time to receive a CHOICE card for your rising Kindergartener. The county is also holding a Countdown to K day at all elementary schools on February 20, 2020. Come to your residential school on that day if you would like to enroll on the Countdown to K day.If you have any questions, please call Southwest Elementary at 703-4195 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Last Modified on January 17, 2020