Name: Elizabeth A. McKnightSubject: 2nd GradeContact info: firstname.lastname@example.orgWelcome
Mrs. McKnightSecond GradeSpeas Global Elementary SchoolHomeworkMath Homework will be given Monday-Thursday night. This should be a review of topics previously covered in class. In additon, every child will be expected to read at least 20 minutes each night. Your child will be provided with a book, if they wish they may choose something from home or from the public library. There will be a reading log in your child's homework folder to be signed nightly by a parent/guardian. We will send home important papers and flyers for upcoming events in Tuesday Packets. You will also receive a weekly newsletter on Tuesday.READING STRATEGIES
1. Look at the pictures.
2. Skip the word, finish the sentence, and re-read the word.
3. Chunk words together. ex. go+ing=going
4. Does it sound right?
5. Does the word/sentence make sense?
6. Replace the word with another word that you know. Does it make sense or look familiar?
7. Are there words inside a word? ex. playground= play+ground
8. Read the sentence again.Lunch Time11:20-11:50Class ScheduleEncore 8:30-9:15Language Arts 9:15-11:00Recess 11:00-11:20Lunch 11:20-11:45Math 11:50-1:20Units of Inquiry 1:20-2:20e-mail: email@example.com