WHAT RESEARCH SAYS ABOUT PARENT INVOLVEMENT IN CHILDREN’S EDUCATIONFamilies whose children are doing well in school exhibit the following characteristics:
nThe purpose of school uniforms or a Standard Mode of Dress is to promote a positive, productive and safe learning environment. Research shows that students who attend schools with a standardized dress code have better behavior and show more academic focus than students in schools without any such dress codes. View the flyer below for more information on our school dress code.The Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Board of Education encourages parents and other members of the community wishing to contribute to the intellectual, physical and emotional development of students and well-being of schools to serve as school volunteers.PowerSchool Parent Portal is an online resource that gives parents access to their children's homework assignments, grades and more. It replaced Parent Assistant, which many parents used in the past.
- Establish a daily family routine.
- Monitor out-of-school activities.
- Model the value of learning, self-discipline, and hard work.
- Express high but realistic expectations for achievement.
- Encourage children's development/ progress in school.
- Encourage reading, writing, and discussions among family members.
Last Modified on August 6, 2017