Young Artists at Work.....Art Supplies are required for this course.2015-2016 School YearPlease read to see expectations for the Art Students...
Please view and bookmark my website under faculty webpage’s. All class information will be posted there.
Class Rules: The rules explained in the student handbook will also apply to this class. This room should feel like a learning community and we need to treat each other, the room, and art materials with respect. As artists we will always get messy and we should be prepared to clean up after ourselves.
- Be on time
- Be ready to work, THAT MEANS BRING YOUR SUPPLIES TO CLASS, PENCIL, ERASER, and Sketchbook.
- Be respectful
- Follow rules in handbook.
- Do not disturb other artists at work
- Stay in Your Assigned Seat
- No cell phone use in class, no texting or playing on phones. They will be taken if caught playing and not following instructions.
1. Verbal Reminder
3. Parent Contact e-mail or telephone
4. Referral to administration
Grades: Grades will be given based on the following percentages:
Final Exam: Worth 20% of final grade
- Students will be able to make up work missed in class when absent. This work will be completed outside of class. If a student is absent on the due date, the project must be turned in the next class school day or late points will be taken off.
- When projects are late ten points will be taken off the final grade.
- Students may redo projects to improve their grade. By doing this it may improve their letter grade up to ten points.
- The final exam counts 20% of their grade. All students must take their final exam or the school policy is that they will not pass the class for the year. If absent, students must make up their final exam. See your teacher is you are going to miss the final exam.
Class Calendar: All due dates are on the calendar. They were also sent home for your signature. If you did not receive the information please e-mail me.Students may lock their supplies in the art room class cabinet and drawers. They should always be prepared with a pencil, eraser and hand held sharpener. Art 1 students must bring their Sketchbooks to each class to take notes and make plans for artwork. They should take them home every day to work on their homework (which is on the 2015-1016 calendar). See due dates to help your student organize their time. We have a "Refrigerator Reminder Page" with the due dates.
8.5 x 11 sketchbooks (Art 1) $10 while our supplies last, they will be sold the first week of school, (AC Moore and Michaels will also have them, make sure they are the correct size and hardbound)
8.5 X 11 sketchbooks (Art 2) preferred hardback coverArtist Pencils (Look for a set at AC Moore or Michaels. You can also order on line from DickBlick.com.)Rulers
Kneaded erasers, pearl erasers, art gum erasers (a variety of erasers are fun to experiment with for drawing assignments).
Black sharpie markers
*Colored Pencils (Prisma Color Brand is recommended, do not buy student grade). These will be used later in the school year.
*Oil pastels (Art 2)
*Acrylic/water color paints and brushes (Art 2)
*Canvases (will be required for certain projects with Art 2 classes—will let students know when needed)
*These items will be discussed in class.
Have your young artist bring their own art supplies. Taking ownership of their materials and learning how to take care of them is a big part of being a producing artist.
Donations: Are always appreciated!
Basic Class Needs: Acrylic paint any colors, glue sticks, masking tape, sharpies fine and ultra fine, artist grade colored pencils, 12 inch rulers and yardsticks, colored markers, Kleenex, paper towels, stretched canvas (any size), table cleaning supplies.
Thanks for supporting the visual arts!