Adequate Yearly Progress Accountability Model ReportKimmel Farm Parental Involvement Policies
Philosophy of Learning: Kimmel Farm, in collaboration with our families and community, will prepare students for their future by implementing Problem Based Learning and authentic, real-world experiences. By providing them with rigorous and relevant academic opportunities, we ensure that students will excel as critical and creative thinkers while becoming responsible citizens who will thrive in a changing world.
o All students are capable of learning in a safe, positive, and challenging environment that values diversity and fosters collaboration.
o All children come with their own individual gifts, talents, natural curiosity, and desire to learn.
o Alternative points of view foster communication and instill compassion for others.
o Educators, with a high standard of excellence, are the key facilitators in this state-of-the-art environment.
o Learning is an active, on-going process where students are engaged in a wide variety of relevant, independent, creative, cooperative, minds-on, hands-on experiences.
o Education is the responsibility of students, school, family, and community.
Annual PTA Meeting
At Kimmel Farm’s first PTA meeting parents were informed about Title I and their right to be involved in their child’s development. There was also a discussion forum of parental involvement activities and parent/student/school expectations.
Outline of Activities
Parent involvement is an essential part of the school goal to help support student achievement. Kimmel Farm assists and supports active parent involvement by:
- Parents and students will review the parent and student compacts outlining their responsibilities for student achievement.
- Parent receive weekly parent bulletins which include news on how to support student learning and school events and procedures.
- Parents will be provided the results of assessments given to their children throughout the school year.
- Parents will be given opportunities to participate and provide input on developing strategies to achieve academic success. Meetings will in clued but not be limited to PTA Meetings, parent/teacher conferences and School Improvement Team meetings. These meetings will be offered at times that accommodate our parent schedules.
- Parents will be encouraged to share cultural background information so staff members can have a better understanding about those students and adjust instruction accordingly.
- A part-time ESL teacher will be available to help Spanish-speaking parents best communicate with the school community and support with translations of documentations.