Welcome to the Mineral Springs Magnet Page!
At Mineral Springs Arts and Leadership Magnet Middle School, you will find teachers and programs that are unique from any other program in the WSFCS system! The goal of our teachers is to use the arts to engage students in their content materials. Teahers pull from the following resources to teach our students:
- The Framework for the 21st Century Skills
- Common Core and Essential Standards for North Carolina
- Balanced Literacy
- Differentiated Instruction
- Learning Focused Strategies
- Hands-On and Interactive Learning
Other things that are unique to Mineral Springs Middle are our oportunities for students to show leadership skills and their mastery of content area skills through:
- Specialized classes in Dance
- Gymnastics (which is not available anywhere else in the district)
- Theatre Classes for each grade level in the nicest auditorium space of all the middle schools
- Instrumental Music classes, including a Self-Paced Piano lab
- A Daily News Broadcast that is uploaded on YouTube daily
- Quarterly performances of Dance, Music, Gymnastics and/or Theatre
- Annual Spring Musical Performance
- Attendance at All-County events in dance, music, and theatre
Fall Revue: An evening of Piano, Dance, Theatre and Gymnastics performances on October 17, 2019 at 6:00 pm in the theatre. Admission is FREE.
Holiday Magnet Night: An evening of Band, Piano, and Theatre performances on December 12, 2019 at 6:00 pm in the theatre. Admission is FREE.
Beauty and the Beast Jr: Spring Musical Performance on March 11 and 12, 2020, at 6:00 pm in the theatre. Admission is $3.00.
Multicultural Night: An evening of Dance and Gymnastics Performances on April 2, 2020. The Multicultural Fair begins at 5:00 pm with crafts, snacks, and information. The performances begin at 6:00 pm. Admission is FREE.
Spring Finale: An evening of Band, Piano, Gymnastics, Dance and Theatre on May 14, 2020 at 6:00 pm. Admission is FREE.
If you have any questions or if you are interested in a tour of Mineral Springs Middle School that highlights the arts offerings here, I would be glad to assist you with that process! You can contact me by emailing me at email@example.com or call the school at (336) 703-6733 and ask for Ms. Griffith.