- Paisley IB School
- Big Brothers Big Sisters Mentors for Paisley students
Big Brothers Big SistersBecome a Big Brother or Big Sister to a Paisley student!Each student deserves to start their school year and academic journey on the right path. However, challenges that range from social development to academic expectations often set the stage for how well the students achieve with the Middle School years being particularly challenging. A mentor can set the right tone and build the necessary confidence in a young student that will be the encouragement the student needs to be successful and reach their full potential.
Here at Paisley IB Magnet School we are partnering with Big Brothers Big Sisters to provide caring adult mentors for our students. We currently need volunteers to sign up and start setting our students on a path of success. Volunteers become Big Brothers and Big Sisters and make a commitment to spend one hour a week with their student for a year. To sign up please contactTanya Neal at email@example.com or go to https://www.bbbsnc.org/contact-1
- complete a screening process to be approved by BBBS and WS/FC Schools
- commit to seeing their student for one hour a week for a full year
- spend time at the school eating lunch and having quality one-to-one time with their student doing homework or engaging in shared interests
- be paired with a Wiley MS student that has demonstrated a need for an extra hand and friendship
Mentors may also partner with a co-worker or a friend to mentor a student.
As part of the program mentors will receive:
- professional support from a Big Brother Big Sister case manager
- resources and assistance in areas that will help the student grow and reach goals
- status updates on school performance, attendance, and behavior reports
See also https://www.bbbsnc.org/