WS/FCS Transportation Department
The Winston Salem/Forsyth County Schools provide student transportation service to over 35,800 public school students attending 81 schools.
The Transportation Department is responsible for the provision of student transportation, scheduling of all activity trips on school buses, and community education through our School Bus Safety Team. Additionally, Transportation is responsible for the maintenance of all state and school system vehicles.
Eligibility for transportation services is governed by the Board of Education Policy 3541 and NC General Statute 115C-242. Generally, a high school student must reside over one and a half miles or middle and elementary students must reside over a half mile from the School-of-Choice school to be eligible for transportation service. School buses will be routed within one half mile of a student's residence for traditional school programs.
The Transportation Department is open on school days during the regular school year from 5:30 AM until the last school bus clears its afternoon route sequence, generally 5:30-6:00 PM.
Our Mission Statement
To support the educational process by dedicating ourselves to the safe and efficient transport of students.
Transportation Core Values:
- Student Centered - Provide exceptional transportation for all of their educational needs
- Accountability - Take responsibility to identify and resolve inefficiencies
- Collaboration - Work with all entities to meet the needs of each student
- Equity - Evaluate the individual need of each student
- High Expectations - Through stability we create a sense of hope
- Integrity - Driven by a sound moral compass
Offices:4150 Carver School RoadWinston-Salem, NC 27105336-748-2287Hours of Operation:5:30 AM to 5:30-6 PM
Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Schools Transportation Facts:
We transport 35,838 students daily to and from school.
Our buses travel 35,656 route miles daily.
Our number of stops per day (morning and afternoon) is about 11,900.