We have a new discipline policy at North Hills this year. It is called PBIS. It stands for:
P - Positive
I - Intervention and
PBIS is a national initiative that is a proactive and positive approach to student behavior.
For teachers, this initiative will:
1. Decrease time for discipline.
2. Increase instructional time.
3. Promote positive school climate and positive interaction between staff and students.
4. Better school-wide behavioral expectations.
5. Focus on consistent behavioral expectations.
6. Recognition for staff and students.
Our core values at North Hills are:
R - Responsible
O - Organized
A - AttentiveR - Respectful