The classroom schedules and sign-ups are available at www.ncdrivingschool.com and a link on this page. Fall classes are usually posted by late August or early September. Vision exams are done during the in-person classes and scheduled after the completion of the online classes. The $45 Driver Education fee(Check or Money Order only) is collected during the class, and at the vision exam for the online class. This fee can be waived with a form from WSFCS Child Nutrition only, proving that the student receives Free or Reduced Lunch.
- is a state-supported program for all students enrolled in school, whether public, private, charter, or licensed home school.
- is a course that consists of 30 hours of classwork and 6 hours of behind-the-wheel training.
- is required for any person under the age of 18 desiring to receive a driver's license/learner's permit.
- is not part of the school day or of the school curriculum, however; considered a "part of school life."
- is designed and dedicated to preparing our students for a lifetime skill that greatly enhances their quality of life.
Driver Education registrations are completed online through the North Carolina Driving School. For a list of classes and locations, go to http://ncdrivingschool.com/ or call 1-800-375-6550. The WSFCS Driver Education webpage also has a link to the classroom sign ups and other important information.Charles JarmanCoordinator, Drivers EducationEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgPhone: 336-748-4000 ext 70950