The classroom schedules and sign-ups are available on the website at the bottom of the page. Most summer classes are now posted, and all should be soon. Fall classes will be listed later in the summer. Vision exams are done during the in-person classes and scheduled after the completion of the online classes. The $45 Driver Education fee(Check or Money Order only) is collected during the class, and at the vision exam for the online class. This fee can be waived with a form from WSFCS Child Nutrition proving that the student receives Free or Reduced Lunch.
- is a state-supported program for all students enrolled in school, whether public, private, charter, or licensed home school.
- is a course that consists of 30 hours of classwork and 6 hours of behind-the-wheel training.
- is required for any person under the age of 18 desiring to receive a driver's license/learner's permit.
- is not part of the school day or of the school curriculum, however; considered a "part of school life."
- is designed and dedicated to preparing our students for a lifetime skill that greatly enhances their quality of life.
Driver Education registrations are completed online through the North Carolina Driving School. For a list of classes and locations, go to http://ncdrivingschool.com/ or call 1-800-375-6550. The WSFCS Driver Education webpage also has a link to the classroom sign ups and other important information.Charles JarmanCoordinator, Drivers EducationEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgPhone: 336-748-4000 ext 70950