My name is Jenny Orefice and I am the School Counselor at Brunson. I am very excited to be here and to get to know all of you! As a counselor, I view students developmentally and holistically, and work to foster students' growth academically, personally/socially, and to broaden their career knowledge. Throughout the year I will be working with students and parents in a number of ways, such as:
Please feel free to call or email me with questions, thoughts, or concerns! I am in room 21A on the second floor, and my email is firstname.lastname@example.org. I am happy to help in any way that I can and am looking forward to working with you this school year!
- Classroom Guidance: I visit all classrooms to teach lessons that help students learn more about themselves and others.
- Kindness and Compassion Club: I am the supervisor for Brunson's Kindness and Compassion (KC) Club, a group of 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade students who work together to spread compassion through kind acts in our school and community.
- Small Groups and Lunch Bunches: I facilitate small groups that focus on issues students may face throughout the year, such as social skills, conflict mediation, and transitions.
- Individual Support and Counseling: I work with students individually to support them throughout their time at Brunson.
- IST Chair: I am the chair for Brunson's Intervention Support Team (IST) which supports teachers in creating targeted interventions for students to reach their potential for success at school.
Name: Jenny Niles-Orefice, MA, NCC