Name: Becky NealSubject: Health & Physical EducationContact info: email@example.comMy name is Becky Neal. I teach 6th, 7th, and 8th grade Health and Physical Education. I have taught Health and P.E. for 10 years. This is my 4th year teaching at Hanes. I graduated from Appalachian State University. My goal is to instill the importance of leading a healthy, active lifestyle for a lifetime.
Physical Education (PE) classes provide an opportunity to ensure a regular amount of desirable physical activity and help establish activity patterns that may extend into adulthood.
Physical Education classes will be held outside and in the gym. Please be aware of the weather and dress appropriately according to your needs.Please be prepared for class. All students will need to bring the following to class each day.T-shirtAltletic shorts or pantsRubber soled athletic shoes
Students are required to be prepared for class and participate in daily activities. We will be using the district wide standard 10 point grading scale. The grading scale is as follows:
Failure to be prepared for class and participate will result in a reduction of your grade.
We will have regular mandatory health classes throughout the year. During health class you are not required to dress out. You may have homework, quizzes and test in health class. These assignments will be graded on a 10 point scale and added to your regular PE grade.
DRESS OUT POLICY
EACH STUDENT IS REQUIRED TO DRESS OUT AND WEAR ATHLETIC SHOES DURING PHYSICAL EDUCATION CLASS.
Expensive shoes will get dirty and SMOD clothes will get stained so please make sure you bring clothes to dress out into.
You may wear:
- Athletic shorts or sweatpants (shorts must be fingertip length)
- T-Shirts or sweatshirts (No tank-tops or sleeveless shirts are allowed for boys or girls)
- Athletic rubber sole shoes are required to participate
You may not wear:
- Sandals, boots, flats, boat shoes, Uggs, open toe shoes, crocs, high heels, Mid-riff shirts and other dress shoes.
- No denim
- No visible undergarments
- No midriff shirts
Gym clothes may be brought from home, and DO NOT have to be SMOD colors.
- All sports equipment must be handled with care and only under supervision of the Hanes P.E. staff.
- Gum, candy, food, or drinks are not allowed in the locker rooms or gym.
- Water fountains are located in the gym and both locker rooms and fitness room.
- For safety, students are not to wear watches, bracelets, large earring, rings, etc.
- Students WILL NOT use profanity. This is zero tolerance and will result in a discipline referral each and every time
- There are separate locker rooms for the girls and boys. Students will only enter their gender specific locker room
- Be respectful to all teachers, students and property.
- Each teacher may have additional rules.
- All rules stated in the Hanes Magnet School handbook apply to physical education class.
Safety is our #1 goal. If there are any physical or mental limitations that could keep a student from participating at their highest level or in a safe manner we must be made aware of this as soon as possible. The front office gives us a confidential list of students with issues that may limit their abilities.
If there are medical problems throughout the year that will prohibit a student from being active, a simple doctor’s note or signed parent note with a phone number is all I need to ensure the student’s grade is not affected.
STUDENTS WHO COME TO CLASS WITH WRITTEN DIRECTIVES FROM A DOCTOR TO ABSTAIN FROM P.E. CLASS MAY NOT PARTICIPATE IN ANY PHYSICAL ACTIVITY AT ALL.