WS/FCS Retired School PersonnelP.O. Box 30462, Winston-Salem, NC 27103-0462
The North Carolina Retired School Personnel (NCRSP) is a division of the North Carolina Association of Educators (NCAE) and represents almost 10,000 retired educators. Members of NCRSP include all retired school system employees, both certified and non-certified.
NCRSP is organized into 10 geographic regions and 100 local units, with a state office in Raleigh at the NCAE Center. Our Executive Board meets twice yearly comprised of: a President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary, Regional Directors, State Committee chairs, one immediate past President and two Executive Board elected representatives.
Our purpose is:
- To support NCAE and NEA in programs to advance the quality of education and promote the welfare of members
- To lobby the State General Assembly on legislation related to the State Retirement System and the State Health Plan
- To encourage members to actively influence federal and state legislators on legislation that impacts the quality of retirement living for members of the Division and other retirees
- To cooperate with the National Retired Teachers Association (NRTA); a division of the American Association of Retired Persons (AARP); and other organizations of retirees with common goals in promoting programs of mutual concern
- To act on behalf of retired school personnel regarding problems involving their health, welfare, interests, and other needs
- To promote the social, economic, and professional status of retired school personnel and to encourage every member to volunteer
In 2011 NCRSP celebrated its 50th anniversary, continuing our mission to be the premier statewide association for all retired education personnel, acting collectively to enhance retirement and health care benefits while serving the community and its educational needs.