Kindergarten is an exciting time for children and parents. It's also a time filled with many questions as parents get ready to see their children go off to school for the first time. We want to make this process as easy as possible, because school should be fun from the first day on.
Your child must be 5 years old by Aug. 31, 2018, to enroll in kindergarten. If your child will be 5, then you need to take these steps:
- Find out your residential school and zone. If you don’t know it, you can look it up on our School Locator or call the Student Assignment office at 748-3302.
- Enroll your child. Go to your residential school during school hours (typically between 7:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.). You need to enroll at your residential school. When you come, please bring:
- your child’s birth certificate
- proof of your address (gas,electric or water bill; lease; mortgage)
- your child's immunization records
- be prepared to fill out NC Health Assessment Form