It is my expectation that you complete and turn in the assignments on time.
Some assignments will be graded and some not. Some may not be made up due to the nature of the assignments. Some will have heavy late penalty even they can be made up.
Regardless, you should do the work as assigned everyday. You will not be told ahead of time which assignments will be graded and which may not be made up later.
If you work hard and are focused but still need more time to complete the work, you must talk to me to ask for extension BEFORE the work is due.
If you try to be lazy by simply waiting to make up only those assignments are actually graded, you are not meeting my expectation and you should change your work attitude now.
Now that you understand my expectations, here are my re-take/re-do and late policies.
Re-take and Re-do Policy:
Please talk to me if you would like a re-take or re-do of a work. First, please be prepared to tell me the following. The partial credit you will get by re-take/re-do will depend on the nature of the work and your answers to these 2 questions.
- the reasons why you did not perform well in the work that you want to re-take or re-do
- how you will do it differently than the last time so you will perform well in the re-take or re-do
After we have talked, we will come up a detailed plan which includes the sepcific work you will need to re-take/re-do and the amount of credit you will get if you completed the work correctly.
For re-take of a test/quiz, extra works may be assigned to serve as review and these extra works must be completed correctly before re-taking.
- You must talk to me to ask for extension BEFORE the work is due. If you work hard and are focused but still need more time to complete the work, I will be happy to give you an extension. When we talk, we will set a new due date.
- If you are absent 1 day between the days the work is assigned and the work is due, you have an extension of 1 day.
- If you are absent for 2 days between the days the work is assigned and the work is due, you have an extension of 2 days.
- If you are absent for more than two days between the days the work is assigned and the work is due, you must talk to me to work out a make-up plan.
- If you do not get extension through any of the above scenarios, points will be deducted for late works as follows:
- 20% deduction for the first day late
- 10% deduction for each day late thereafter