Welcome to Ms. Young’s Class!
8:05 Students arrive and begin Morning Routine
8:20-8:35 Homeroom/Morning Work
8:35-8:40 Morning Meeting/Interactive Read-Aloud/Quote of the Week8:40-9:45 Math
10:00-10:35 Imagine It Green Band (phonics) and Writing
10:40-11:10 Recess11:15-11:40 Lunch
11:45-12:10 Imagine It Red Band (whole group reading)12:15-12:55 Reader's Workshop
- Small group Teacher Time
- Word Work/Spelling
- Read to Self
- Listening Center
- Learning Center1:00-1:40 SpecialsMonday: Media/Guidance Tuesday: Art Wednesday: Music Thursday: P.E. Friday: Science
1:55-2:30 Science or Social Studies
2:30-2:50 Jobs/Pack up/D.E.A.R. (Drop Everything And Read)
2:45 Dismissal BeginsClassroom Economics: We use a money management system in our classroom called “Check Us Out” that incorporates math in a fun and educational way!
How it works:
· Students are paid $100 per month. This is the base pay for being a 2nd grade student in Ms. Young’s class.
· This money has to be used to pay any "fines" that the children may incur - these fines are part of the consequences to our class responsibilities, which the children help form at the beginning of each year. If a responsibility is broken during the day, the child must pay his/her fine by writing a check at the beginning of recess to give to the teacher.
· Students may use accumulated money to make purchases from the Rewards List every other Friday, or at the class store once per month.
· Break one responsibility- pay the fine.
· Break two responsibilities- pay both fines, conference with the teacher, and a fine notice is sent home.
· Break three or more responsibilities- pay all fines, conference with the teacher, and a fine notice is sent home.
*Severe behaviors or constant disruptions will be sent to the office.*