Welcome to Flat Rock Middle School
Flat Rock Middle School will prepare students to become responsible, successful, 21st century citizens, who actively exchange information and ideas on a global level.
The 21st century mission of FRMS is to create a collaborative learning community which ensures that all students meet high performance standards and empowers them to discover their potential while gaining a greater understanding of themselves and the world around them.
FRMS will achieve these goals through:
Academic Excellence : Taking responsibility for ensuring that all students achieve high performance standards.
- All students at FRMS will be given maximum opportunities to master essential skills and meet high academic standards in all subject strands.
Community Appreciation & Responsibility : Making service and community involvement a priority
- FRMS will make service to community and the establishment of strong home, school , and community partnerships a primary goal.
Creativity & Design : Ensuring that lessons are designed to spark individual and collective creativity, curiosity, and promote high student engagement and interest.
- FRMS will develop and nurture student creativity and design through project and inquiry based instructional practices. Discovery and exploration will be a priority focus.
Social Development: Promoting a culture of collaborative processes and team work
- Teamwork and working together are common goals
Moral and Ethical World View : Developing programs that foster physical, emotional, social, moral and environmental consciousness.
- FRMS will make it a priority to develop caring and contributing members of its school community.
Technology Integration: Integrating twenty first century technology
- FRMS will promote the utilization of 21st. century technology practices in its communications, instructional delivery methods and system operations in order to equip all students for 21st. century work.