7:40-7:55 - Arrival / Morning Work
7:55-10:55 - Reading / Language Arts and Math
10:55- Switch Classes
Carlton: 11:00- 11:25
Collins: 11:05- 11:30
11:40-12:10 – Recess
12:15- 12:55 - S.S./Science
12:55 - 1:35 - Specials: (1:40 on Fridays)
1:40-2:20 - S.S./Science
2:20-2:25 - Dismissal
- box of crayons
- glue sticks
- packs of loose leaf paper (wide rule)
- pack of # 2 pencils
- box of tissue
- box of washable markers
- pencil pouch / zippered or box
- composition or spiral books (wide rule)
- pocket folders
- ring binder, 1 inch
- book bag/back pack (no wheels)
- Hand sanitizer (Purell/Dial/GermX)
We will have homework Monday through Thursday. Students will be responsible for writing their assignments in their planners each day. It is important that students do their homework every night. This will help them practice and better understand the concepts that we cover each week.
Camp Hanes Information
It is time for Camp Hanes! Camp Hanes is a three day, two night trip aligned with the science curriculum, designed to give students a hands-on experience with nature. Students will also learn team building skills, leadership skills, and so much more!
- The trip will be October 18-20.
- The total cost for Camp Hanes is $115.00. This is to cover transportation, camp activities, food and two nights stay at the camp.
- The permission slip and all money are due October 6th.
- Online payment, cash, or money order is preferred. Please be on time with sending in the money. If you do not want to send cash in with your child, feel free to drop it by the office any time before October 6th.
- A list to assist you in packing will come closer to the time of the trip.
- We will need at least two mothers and two fathers to go as chaperones from each class. Please email your homeroom teacher ASAP if you can assist with our trip. Chaperones will pay $52.
- Chaperones must be a Level II volunteer. On average, it takes 90 days to get approved to be a level II. If you wish to be a chaperone, you need to submit your Level II form as soon a possible. If you have already been approved, you do not need to submit another form.
Students are to arrive at school on Wednesday at their normal time with their luggage in hand. Please remember that they must carry their own luggage when we arrive at camp, therefore, they should pack accordingly and bring the smallest bag that they can handle on their own. A small drawstring bag or backpack is a good idea for daily use, as well as, a water bottle with their name on it.
Students will be provided with their main meals for each day. We are asking for parents to donate snack items, such as, individual bags of chips, popcorn, Gold Fish crackers, Cheez- Its or pretzels, granola bars (no Nuts or Peanut Butter) or fruit snacks and cases of water (small size preferred). Please send these items in as soon as possible so we know what we are missing beforehand.
Students will return Friday between 1:30-1:45 p.m. to the FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH at 3530 Clemmons Rd. All students MUST BE SIGNED OUT BY A PARENT OR GUARDIAN. Students MAY NOT leave with another parent or family. If your child needs to return to school for Alphabest or to ride the school bus, please indicate so below. Please note that students riding the bus to and from school will need to be able to transport their luggage on the bus.
Lastly, all medications and medical forms are due by 10/13/17 to the front office. Medication MUST go through the office before we are able to take it on the trip or administer it to your child. Students are NOT permitted to carry medications of any kind. Only parents who are attending with their own child may carry and administer medicine to their own child. We thank you in advance for your cooperation and we are looking forward to a wonderful trip.
If you have any questions, just email your homeroom teacher!
From The Fifth Grade TeamCamp Hanes Supply list
- Underwear for 3 days
- 4 pairs of socks
- 2 pairs of shoes
- Pajamas or sweat pants for sleeping
- Shirt (Long sleeves if weather is cool)
- Light weight jacket
- Washcloth and towel
- Sleeping bag or sheets and blanket
- Insect repellent and sunblock (optional, but suggested)
- Plastic bag for wet or dirty clothes
- Water bottle with name
- 3 pairs of knee length shorts or athletic pants/jeans. One pair of long pants is REQUIRED for hike day.
NO Electronics (cell phones, iPods, video games, etc.) We strongly discourage students bringing a camera. If you would like to send one, a disposable camera is recommended
There will be a Parent Info Meeting for Camp Hanes on Wed 9/6 at 5:30 pm in the Cafeteria. All parents are welcome to attend.
- Chaperones will ride in their own vehicles so that they may help in transporting luggage and snacks.
- Chaperones will be expected to remain for the entire 3 days of the trip and stay overnight on site.
- Chaperones will also be needed to transport luggage back to the school on Friday when we return.
- Chaperones may not be in the same cabin as their child. The cabins must have a minimum of to 2 adults per cabin. If more than 2 male and 2 female chaperones are interested in attending, additional parents may be assigned to another class’ cabin or to an adult cabin as needed. Our goal is to have at least 2 female chaperones in every girl’s cabin and 2 male chaperones in every boy’s cabin. If one class is short on chaperones, you may be asked to stay in that class’ cabin, but you will still be with our class during all the day activities.
- Chaperones must remain with the class groups at all times of the day and assist in ensuring safety, respect and appropriate behavior of all students. You are the adult in charge in the cabins, as teachers are not able to stay in the cabin with the students.
If you are interested please contact or email your child’s afternoon teacher as soon as possible and be sure to apply for Level 2 approval. Visit: http://wsfcsvolunteers.com . Be sure to click on overnight and unsupervised trips. This process takes time, the sooner you apply the better.