By naming the RJ Reynolds High School Alumni and Friends organization as a beneficiary of a portion of your assets - such as a portion of your IRA or retirement plan, life insurance policy, bank account or donor advised fund - you can do your part in helping future RJR students have as meaningful an experience at Reynolds High School as you did.
Because this is a gift you make after your lifetime, your current budget isn't affected, and you can change your mind at any time. You can name multiple charitable organizations as beneficiaries of your retirement account, life insurance policy or both. Beneficiary designations give you the flexibility to provide for the different important causes in your life in ways that are meaningful to you.
Make your gift in 3 easy steps:
1) Contact your retirement plan administrator, insurance company, bank or financial institution for a change-of-beneficiary form or download a form from your provider's website.
2) Decide what percentage of the account or policy's value, or what dollar amount you wish to give to RJ Reynolds High School Alumni and Friends. Return the form.
3) Notify us of this gift, so we can thank you and to ensure your gift will be used as you intend. The easiest way to do that is send a letter to us ("RJR Alumni & Friends"). That letter should be mailed to:
RJ Reynolds HS Alumni & Freinds
PO Box 26172
Winston-Salem, NC 27114.
Also, please know that you (or your estate) can give a donation comprised of stocks. The shares of stock should be wired to the "RJ Reynolds High School Alumni and Friends" account with Wells Fargo (DTC #0141; account #63262706). Please make a note with your final wishes stating that a letter should be mailed to "RJR Alumni & Friends," telling them:
- the person making the donation, and the mailing address of the donor
- a description (name of the stock) and number of shares of stock being transferred
- the name of the brokerage firm used by the donor.
- the speciific purpose of the gift (if there is one).
Because the "RJ Reynolds High School Alumni and Friends" organization is deemed a 501c3 non-profit by the IRS, this (and all other donations) are considered tax deductible.
Please keep in mind that if you want to permanently "leave your mark" at Reynolds High School: for a tax deductible donation of only $500, you can PERMANENTLY put your name on one of the seats in Reynolds Auditorium! For details, click here ( * ).
If you would like to make a tax deductible donation to the "RJ Reynolds High School Alumni and Friends" organization NOW, click here ( * ).
Click here ( * ) to go to the Alumni homepage.