Now Hiring Part-time & Substitute School Bus DriversStarting Pay $13.64
Our Mission: To support the educational process by dedicating ourselves to the safe and efficient transport of students.
Submit completed applications to WS/FCS Administrative Center at 475 Corporate Square Dr., Winston-Salem, NC 27105. Qualified applicants will be invited to an orientation session to explain the training process and available positions and benefits.
Please consider the following minimum requirements when applying for a position as a bus driver:
- H.S. diploma or GED
- Age requirement is 18 years old with 6 months of driving experience
- Satisfactory criminal background and driving record review. Driving record review includes the entire driving history.
- Not more than one conviction or Prayer for Judgment Continued (PJC) for a moving violation within the past twelve months.
- No conviction of or PJC for Driving While Impaired (DWI) within the past seven years and not more than one DWI conviction or PJC ever.
- No driver's license suspension or revocation for moving violations within the past seven years.
- No conviction of or PJC for reckless driving within the past seven years.
- Not more than 3 moving violation convictions within the past seven years.
- Not more than 2 convictions and/or PJC for moving violations which caused an accident in the last seven years.
- No convictions of speeding to elude arrest ever.
- No conviction of or PJC for speeding in excess of 15 mph over the posted speed limit within the past seven years.
- No convictions of passing a stopped school bus within the past seven years
Classes are typically scheduled once a month. Qualified applicants will be invited to attend orientation.