Is your child starting Kindergarten in the Fall or coming to the Southwest Elementary for the first time? If so, please follow the steps below to register your child.
1) Come to Southwest Elementary (1631 Southwest School Rd, Clemmons) to pick up the forms to fill out and return. Also, please click on the "New Student Pre-registration" link on the left and fill out the basic info for your child.
2) Click here to download and print out the forms to fill out and bring to Southwest. Also, please click on the "New Student Pre-registration" link on the left and fill out the basic info for your child.
3) If you want to choose a different school, fill out the "Choice" card at Southwest (if this is your residential school) starting March 4th and return by March 15th. Click here to learn more about our county's "Choice" period and your options for selecting your elementary school in your zone. WE MUST HAVE ALL PAPERWORK (including those items below) BEFORE YOUR CHOICE CARD CAN BE ENTERED.
You will also need to bring the following with you:
1) Your child's birth certificate or a court order that shows you have legal custody of the child. Your child must be 5 years old before or on August 31st of the year in which you wish to enroll him/her.
2) Your child's up-to-date immunization records. For more information about the NC required immunizations for school entry, please visit the NC Immunization website, http://www.immunizenc.com/parentsschoolreqs.htm.
3) Proof of address. This can be a utility bill with your name and address clearly matching or a lease and/or property closing documents
At Southwest, we choose to collect the paperwork at any time. If you live in the residential area for Southwest, you may drop off the paperwork any day. The office is open from 7:30am to 4:00pm each day. If you would like to make a different school choice, you will need to bring all documents to Southwest between 3/4/19 to 3/15/19 to fill out and turn in your CHOICE card. The rising Kindergartener does not need to come with you.If you have any questions, please call Southwest Elementary at 703-4195 or email me at email@example.com .
Last Modified on January 8, 2019