UPDATE: Due to COVID, volunteers are not allowed to come into the building. We will keep this page updated if that changes.
All volunteers must re-register with WSFCS every year at the following link: www.wsfcsvolunteers.com
New Volunteers will need to set up an account and activate your status as a volunteer in the system. An email with directions for this process will be sent to you; once approved, you will then receive an email letting you know when you are established in the county to volunteer.If you are interested in volunteering (see some of the opportunities below),please click here to sign up.Volunteer OpportunitiesFor detailed descriptions of each committee, view this form: MES PTA Committee Descriptions.
- Advocacy- Participates in a committee that keeps up to date on changes in education that affect students/schools
- All Pro Dads- Helps the committee chair organize speakers, prizes, breakfast
- Audit -Works with committee to audit PTA accounts
- Book Fair- Assists the book fair committee chair with the biannual book fair activities including set up and sales.
- Box Tops- Helps cut, paste and organize box tops
- Communications (Morgan Flyer)- Helps with weekly email communication as needed
- Communications (in Spanish)-Translates PTA documents for web/distribution
- Campus Beautification
- Family Fun- Assists the committee chair in the planning and execution of family fun events during the school year (approx. 1/month)
- Grant Writing - Researches and applies for grants to aid MES
- Hospitality – Help host school events and work on activities to welcome new families
- In-Store Promotions - Assists the committee chair as needed to work with local stores that offer promotions that benefit the school.
- Membership – Actively recruits members for PTA. Chair keeps database of MES PTA members.
- Merchandise - Helps the committee sell merchandise at school/PTA events
- PTA Thursday Volunteers - Participates with other volunteers to complete a list of projects and clerical tasks needed by the school staff
- Reflections - Helps review, prepare, and submit student’s work for competition
- Spirit Nights - Assists the committee with organizing and participating in events at local businesses
- Sponsorships/Student Folders - Helps committee coordinate events/written highlights with local business sponsors
- Staff Appreciation -Sends items needed, volunteers time at events to support MES staff
Thank you,Lindsay Dunst, PTA President & Volunteer Committee Chair 2020-2021
- Yearbook - Works with yearbook committee chair on the school yearbook