Planning for the Functional Behavioral Assessment
1. Determine the problem behavior that you will be assessing during the FBA process.
2. Review all existing sources of behavior data and other important information (ex: records, interviews, observations).
- Click here for more information
3. Develop possible baseline data. Do you still need to collect additional data? Baseline data should consist of 3-5 weeks of data.
4. Develop a plan to complete the FBA. Establish team member responsibilities. What data tool will you be using to measure the behavior and how will you summarize the results?
5. What interventions are going to be used while the FBA process is being conducted?
- Click here for data collection tools
6. Begin the FBA process and schedule the IEP meeting to summarize the FBA findings.