Bob Deaton Appreciation Night
RJR alum Rusty Doggett (RJR Class of 1977), Coach Rich Habegger and Stan Elrod (Mr. Deaton's Assistant Principal and his successor) are inviting you to a celebration
"Bob Deaton Appreciation Night"
Mr. Deaton was the Principal of RJ Reynolds High School for 25 wonderful years (from 1967 - 1991)!
This will take place on Saturday, December 7, 2019, at the Bridger Field House at Groves Stadium (pictured below), which is located at 499 Deacon Boulevard in Winston-Salem.
We hope that if you are not able to be there in person, you will be there in spirit!
Things you can do to help us celebrate whether or not you are attending:
- Mail & email pictures of your days at RJR. The mailed pictures will be posted on "Mr. Deaton's Office Wall" at the Field House. The emailed pictures (in jpg format) will be continually shown on a screen (and hopefully this screen will be the gigantic screen above the scoreboard on the football field). These pictures should be mailed and emailed to Rusty Doggett.
- Write a note to Mr. Deaton telling him why you appreciate him being your Principal.
- Write a note telling a funny story about Mr. Deaton.
- Write a note telling about a memorable event at RJR while you were there.
These notes will be posted on "Mr. Deaton's Office Wall" at the Field House. They will then be given to Mr. & Mrs. Deaton.
The contact information for Rusty Doggett:
1415 Scales Street * Raleigh, NC 27608
- Everyone is invited. The dress code is casual. There are no parking fees.
- The event will begin at 4:30 pm...and will end around 8:30 pm.
- A buffet meal will be served (starting at 5:00 pm).
- The cost per person is $35 if paid before Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 28th.
- The cost per person is $45 if paid after Thanksgiving Day.
- The cost for all RJR Staff members that worked with Mr. Deaton is only $25!
- There will also be a cash bar.
- Sponsored tables of 8 can be reserved for $400. (Reserving a table will help defray some of the costs). Several RJR Classes have already reserved tables!
- Hopefully each Class will have one person who can talk for 60 seconds about what special things happened while they were at RJR!
- Reservations are made by calling Rusty Doggett at 919-819 0170,
- or by emailing him at: RustyDoggett@aol.com
- Checks for payment should be made out to and mailed to:
- Rusty Doggett, 1415 Scales Street, Raleigh, NC 27608
- Rich Habeggar, Robie Walls, Stan Elrod and others will make some remarks (starting at 6:00 pm).
- There will be a lot of time for folks to personally meet and talk to Mr. & Mrs. Deaton, as well as meet and greet with other fellow students.
When you have questions: they should go to Rusty Doggett. He looks forward to hearing from you!
1415 Scales Street
Raleigh, NC 27608
Please share this with anyone you feel will be interested in knowing about this,
and feel free to post this link on your Facebook page/site.